Guidelines for Becoming an SAE Web Seminar Instructor
SAE Professional Development is always seeking experienced engineering professionals with industry/academic backgrounds to propose and instruct webinars.
SAE contracts with instructors to present web seminars on current, applications-oriented subjects, and fundamental and advanced process theory courses. The instructors are responsible for the course outline development; class notes including activities, practice sets, and case studies; presentation aides and materials; and instruction of the material on mutually agreeable dates.
All SAE web seminars are subject to peer review by the Technical Review Committee (TRC) of the Continuing Professional Development Group before presentation. The TRC evaluates, approves and recommends whether a seminar should be included in the schedule. This process takes approximately 6-8 weeks to complete. If the reviewers have suggestions for a course, an SAE program developer will work with the instructor to incorporate those recommendations.
Other important points include:
- SAE handles all course administration: scheduling, promotion and advertising, registration, and post-course evaluations.
- SAE Web Seminars are usually two to eight hours in length taught in a series of two-hour sessions.
- SAE Web Seminars are offered publicly via WebEx on a mutually agreeable schedule and reach participants around the globe.
- An honorarium is offered, as well as free coaching on making effective web seminar presentations and orientation to the WebEx Training Center.
- No travel is required. The instructor participates from his/her own home or office equipped with a PC, dedicated internet connection and a separate telephone line.
- The instructor is responsible for developing the master support materials and obtaining permission to reprint copyrighted material from outside sources. SAE will then handle all conversion and digital protection to make the materials accessible to participants. When required, special texts can also be supplied to participants, as long as arrangements are made before the web seminar is promoted.
Find out what you need to submit to be considered as an SAE web seminar instructor.
View our Master Instructor Registry for insight on how to achieve the SAE Master Instructor designation.