Kettering University, M.S. in Engineering
Most SAE technical Seminars and Engineering AcademiesSM can be applied towards Kettering University's (formerly GMI Engineering & Management Institute) 40-credit Master of Science degree in Engineering, with concentrations in Automotive Systems or the Cognate.
Kettering University will accept up to 8 SAE Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or the equivalent of 8-credits towards the M.S. degree. (Individuals must be formally admitted into the M.S. degree program in order for SAE CEUs to be applied.) Most SAE Seminars and Engineering Academies apply.
For the Automotive Systems Concentration, select any 8 Kettering University courses from the following list:
- MECH-540 Introduction to internal combustion engines
- MECH-541 Advanced automotive power systems
- MECH-542 Chassis system design
- MECH-544 Introduction to automotive powertrains
- MECH-546 Vehicle system dynamics
- MECH-550 Occupant protection & safety
- MECH-616 FEA of automotive structures
- MECH-620 Applied thermodynamics
- MECH-621 Applied transport phenomena
- MECH-625 Automotive climate control/engine cooling
- MECH-630 Advanced mechanical control systems
- MECH-640 Advanced engine design
- MECH-641 Combustion and emissions
- MECH-642 Design of suspension systems
- MECH-643 Noise, vibration, & harshness
- MECH-646 Advanced vehicle dynamics
For the Cognate Concentration, you must take Advanced Engineering Mathematics, select any 5 ME Graduate Courses and 3 additional Cognate Courses
All Kettering University courses are offered during convenient evening hours (one night per week) at their Flint campus or via e-learning (videotape, CD-ROM, or streaming video).
All SAE Seminars are offered during full-day sessions at SAE International, 755 W. Big Beaver Road, Suite 1600, Troy, MI or may be brought on-site as Corporate Learning Solutions programs.
SAE courses that were completed as far back as 5 years ago may apply. To request a transcript of SAE courses taken, contact SAE Customer Service at 1-877-606-7323 (724-776-4970-outside U.S. and Canada) or email: CustomerService@sae.org
For more information on Kettering University including applying for admission, contact the Professional Development and Continuing Education Department at 810.762.7960.