Access Period: 90 Days
Duration: 5 Hours
FMEA is an essential part of any product design or redesign. An FMEA requires that a dedicated team take a step-by-step, proactive approach to identifying and analyzing all potential failure modes in a product or service. Completing an FMEA can dramatically improve product performance and reduce manufacturing issues at the component, system, and processing level.
This interactive FMEA case study gives you an opportunity to work through the process as an engineer develops an FMEA. From receiving the assignment to creating an FMEA, you’ll discover how to gain essential knowledge, organize a team, and then work with that team to create the FMEA. You’ll explore the goal and assumptions of an FMEA, review the different types of FMEAs, and acquire details of what should be listed in each column of the FMEA form. You’ll test your knowledge as you guide the team leader in his decisions, and you’ll gain insights into how a successful FMEA is created.
While the course is approximately five hours in length, the estimated time to completion, including practice exercises, knowledge checks and the learning assessment is six hours.
Is this On Demand Course for You?
The course was designed for individuals who will lead, participate on, or manage an FMEA team.
Have colleagues who need this course? See Special Offers to the right.
Prefer live, instructor-led training? Consider the FMEA for Robust Design: What, Why, When and How web seminar.0.6 CEUs
By participating in this On Demand Course, you will be able to:
- Explain the application of the five types of FMEAs
- Apply the FMEA process as both a product risk management and improvement techniqueq
- List the steps to selecting, organizing, and managing an effective FMEA team
- State the relationship between Product Development, Voice of the Customer (VoC) and the FMEA process
- Adapt the steps to generate an FMEA process to your specific company needs, including customization of the FMEA S-O-D and Risk Ranking tables
- Assign effective recommended actions and plan effective follow-up
Module I: Course Introduction
- Overview of modules
- Course Objectives
- Expectations and SME
- Project Assignment
- Questions and Answers
- Benefits of FMEA
- Types of FMEAs
- FMEA Process Hierarchy
- Team Organization
- Team Kickoff
- FMEA Form Header
- Voice of the Customer (VoC)
- Columns 1 - 3
- Columns 4-8
- Columns 9-19
- 90 days of online single-user access (from date of purchase) to the five hour presentation
- Online learning assessment (submit to SAE)
- A job aid for practical application of the topics covered
- Follow-up to your content questions
- 0.6 CEUs*/Certificate of Achievement (with satisfactory learning assessment score)
About On Demand Courses
SAE On Demand Courses offer an interactive and engaging online learning experience and provide a high-quality, self-paced learning solution with instructor support. Access courses using your computer or, for some titles, by tablet any time from any location.
- Windows 7, 8 (Apple OSX and Unix/Linux are not supported but may work)
- Pentium 4 PC
- Minimum 512 MB RAM; recommended 1 GB RAM
- Internet Explorer 10-11, Mozilla Firefox 37 , Google Chrome 42 (Safari and Opera are not supported)
- Broadband-1Mbps minimum