Access Period: 90 Days
Duration: 1 Hours
To become a preferred supplier in the automotive industry, organizations must demonstrate high-level engineering and organizational capabilities that will meet customers' needs today and tomorrow. Because the outcome of a product development project may determine whether or not an organization procures a purchase order or contract from a global automotive customer, Introduction to Advanced Product Quality Planning provides an overview of the best practices / methodologies for planning and managing the successful launch of a new product.
The benefits of a successful new product launch are recognized by both global automotive customers and suppliers. There are thousands of great inspirations and great ideas each year, but the difficult task that so many organizations struggle with is how to take those ideas and develop them into a viable product design, and then manufacture the designed product, and then distribute and sell the product. An understanding of the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process, the management of the process, and the implementation of the process is critical to the product development multi-disciplinary team which includes top management, the project manager, product engineering, process engineering, design and development, manufacturing, quality, and purchasing personnel.
While the course module is approximately one hour in length, the estimated time to completion, including knowledge checks and the learning assessment, is one hour, 30 minutes.
Is this On Demand Course for You?
Participants in the Introduction to Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) on demand course will gain a 'common-sense' perspective for successful new product launches and what needs to be done to comply with automotive customer specific requirements. You will also understand how to apply the concepts of 'front-end' planning (via the APQP process) that will result in continual improvement of products and services for both the customer and the supplying organization. This course is relevant to individuals with limited or general knowledge of the APQP process and some experience with introducing new products or new manufacturing processes.
Click on the Requirements tab to make sure you are properly equipped to interact with this course.0.1 CEUs
By participating in this On Demand course, you will be able to:
- Explain what APQP is, including its purpose and the goals of an effective APQP process
- Identify the impacts and benefits that an effective APQP process has on both the customer and the supplier
- Describe how an APQP process can be integrated into an organization's business management system
- Describe the contents of a 'Master Plan' for new product introduction, which includes an outline of the inputs and outputs of the various phases of the APQP process
- Explain how APQP leads to continual improvement for the organization and for customer satisfaction
- What is APQP
- Purpose of APQP
- APQP Integration
- Developing a Master Plan for New Products
- APQP Benefits
Instructor(s): Larry E. Bissell
Larry Bissell is a renowned and well respected international trainer, consultant, and auditor specializing in automotive supply chain management, supplier development, business management systems, business excellence, and continual improvement for all size automotive companies. Mr. Bissell is recognized as an authority on global supply chain requirements and global supplier development, particularly regarding the stringent requirements of automotive OEM's within the United States. His expertise, abilities, and techniques are designed and structured for automotive supplier organizations that wish to participate in the automotive global supply chain market. Mr. Bissell has over 30 years of industrial experience and has been directly involved in over 1000 highly successful management system audits and client consultations within the ISO 9001, QS-9000, and ISO/TS 16949:2002 arenas.
- 90 days of online single-user access (from date of purchase) to the one hour presentation
- A printable summary of the key takeways from each lesson
- Integrated knowledge checks to reinforce key concepts
- Instructor follow-up to your content questions
- 0.1 CEUs*/Certificate of Achievement (with satisfactory learning assessment score)
About On Demand Courses
SAE On Demand Courses offer an interactive and engaging online learning experience and provide a high-quality, self-paced learning solution with instructor support. Access courses using your computer or, for some titles, by tablet any time from any location.
- Windows 7, 8 (Apple OSX and Unix/Linux are not supported but may work)
- Pentium 4 PC
- Minimum 512 MB RAM; recommended 1 GB RAM
- Internet Explorer 10-11, Mozilla Firefox 37 , Google Chrome 42 (Microsoft Edge, Safari and Opera are not supported)
- Broadband-1Mbps minimum