Access Period: 90 Days
Duration: 35 Minutes
Understanding the purpose and intended use of standards, directives and requirements sets the foundation for developing a functional management system. This 35-minute, online short course is intended to present ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949 and SAE AS9100 as purpose driven management systems that are necessary for companies to survive in our fast-moving economy.
The Principles of ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949, and AS9100 on demand course provides those in the automotive and aerospace industries with a high-level overview of these quality management system standards. It is designed to explore the history that lead to the development of the standards. The course also highlights the need for organizations to determine the necessary competence for personnel performing work affecting product quality, provide training or take other actions to satisfy these needs, evaluate the effectiveness of the actions taken, to ensure that personnel are aware of the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the achievement of the quality objectives, and maintain appropriate records of education, training, skills and experience.
Is this On Demand Course for You?
In all three standards, paragraph 6.2.2 states the need for competence, awareness and training. Management and personnel in all departments from sales and marketing to engineering, purchasing, production, customer service, receiving, packaging, storage, shipping, and beyond will benefit from the purpose driven management systems that are necessary to deliver customer satisfaction and survive in the global economy.
Have colleagues who need this course? See Special Offers to the right.
Click on the Requirements tab to make sure you are properly equipped to interact with this course.
By participating in this On Demand course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the need for international, imposed quality management systems and standards
- Describe the history leading up to the ISO 9001
- Explain why the Automotive and Aerospace industries need specific supplements to the ISO 9001
- Identify key elements of a quality management system incorporated in the quality management standards, including configuration management and continuous improvement
- Describe the Plan, Do, Check, Act process and summarize how it can be applied to all processes to increase production and reduce waste
- Define key terms used with the quality standards and summarize key elements included in sections 1-10 of ISO 9001:2015
- The Cost of Poor Quality
- History and Development of the ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949 and AS9100
- Quality Management System Principles and the Process Approach
- Terms and Definitions
- Overview of the Sections in ISO 9001:2015
Instructor(s): Joseph Sorrentino
For nearly three decades, Joseph Sorrentino has been instrumental in implementing successful quality management systems for commercial companies, military and aerospace contractors, and government agencies throughout the U.S. As president and CEO of Lean Quality Systems, Inc., Sorrentino specializes in implementing new standard methods for the corporate sector and has successfully worked with more than 25 corporations in the southern California area alone. A retired U.S. Navy quality assurance specialist, Sorrentino is certified as a level III examiner for visual, magnetic particle, dye penetrant, and ultrasonic inspections. He began his career as a quality management professional in the U.S. Navy, initially as chief petty officer, level III NAVSEA examiner/quality assurance division officer and spent eight years as a GS1910 quality specialist.
- 90 days of online single-user access (from date of purchase) to the 35 minute presentation
- Printable summary of the key takeways from each lesson
- Integrated knowledge checks to reinforce key concepts
- Instructor follow up to your content questions
- Proof of Participation (Transcript)
About On Demand Courses
SAE On Demand Courses offer an interactive and engaging online learning experience and provide a high-quality, self-paced learning solution with instructor support. Access courses using your computer or, for some titles, by tablet any time from any location.
- Windows 7, 8 (Apple OSX and Unix/Linux are not supported but may work)
- Pentium 4 PC
- Minimum 512 MB RAM; recommended 1 GB RAM
- Internet Explorer 10-11, Mozilla Firefox 37+, Google Chrome 42+ (Safari and Opera are not supported)
- Broadband-1Mbps minimum