Access Period: 90 Days
Duration: 3.5 Hours
In addition to NVH, Driveability, and Shift Quality, Performance Feel is among the four Powertrain attributes that directly influence customer satisfaction. It is defined in terms of the availability of power to the end customer and is the customer perception of performance that includes the effects of vehicle acceleration, accelerator control characteristics, shift character, and sound quality.
This 3.5-hour Ford online course is intended to increase the awareness of vehicle Performance Feel issues, target setting process, and the interactions and controls that affect Performance Feel. Improvement in Performance Feel is identified as high priority. Powertrain engineers can improve Performance Feel by taking action in their own subsystem and/or cascading to other engineers how their systems affect it. While certain Ford proprietary information has been removed from the course, it contains essentially the same content that engineers from Ford and select suppliers have benefitted from taking.
Is this Ford Online Course for You?
This course is geared toward powertrain, product development, quality, and manufacturing engineers. It is recommended that you have an engineering degree and experience in the automotive engineering field.
Have colleagues who need this course? See Special Offers to the right.
Click on the "Requirements" tab to make sure you are properly equipped to interact with this course.
By participating in this online course, you will be able to:
- Define Performance Feel and describe the elements of the Performance Feel attribute from the customer's perspective
- Identify the vehicle systems and subsystems and the interfaces that affect Performance Feel
- Outline the analytical and test-based metrics, tools, and methodologies used to measure and enhance Performance Feel
- Performance Feel from the Customer's Perspective
- Performance Feel from an Engineering Perspective
- Metrics and Targets of Performance Feel
- Performance Feel Design Considerations
With your registration, you will receive 90 days (from date of purchase) of online access to the 3.5-hour presentation.
About Ford Online Courses
Ford and SAE International offer convenient and portable online courses on powertrain and problem-solving topics as a way to extend Ford engineering knowledge across the global industry. These internet-delivered short courses feature graphical presentation screens with text-based instruction, a glossary, and references. Case studies, summaries, and checks for knowledge are incorporated throughout each course to reinforce learning and retention and gauge your
- Windows 7, 8, 10 (Apple OSX and Unix/Linux are not supported but may work)
- Pentium 4 PC
- Minimum 512 MB RAM; recommended 1 GB RAM
- Internet Explorer 8-11, Mozilla Firefox 37+, Google Chrome 42+ (Edge, Safari and Opera are not supported)
- Flash® Player 13+
- Broadband-1Mbps minimum