Access Period: 4 Months
Duration: 12 Hours
Global 8D (G8D) is a disciplined process developed by Ford Motor Company to help product development and manufacturing engineers identify and solve problems. Solving problems results in efficient, as well as effective, resolution to 'root causes' of customer satisfaction issues, and helps reduce warranty costs.
With this 12-hour online course, you will learn the methods and tools used to complete each step in the Ford Global 8D find-and-fix problem-solving process, including steps to define the problem, verify the root cause and escape point, and prevent occurrence. The course is designed to provide you with the analytical and procedural information you need to understand, describe, and participate in the G8D problem-solving process as a team member. While certain Ford proprietary information has been removed from the course, it contains essentially the same content that engineers from Ford and select suppliers have benefitted from taking.
Is this Ford Online Course for You?
This course is geared toward quality, manufacturing, and product development engineers. It is recommended that you have an engineering degree and experience in the automotive engineering field.
Click on the "Requirements" tab to make sure you are properly equipped to interact with this course.
By participating in this online course, you will be able to:
- Describe each step in the G8D process
- Identify the types of problems best resolved using the G8D problem-solving method
- Participate as an effective G8D team member
- Apply Global 8D problem-solving methods as a G8D team member
- Use G8D process support tools and the G8D web application
- Global 8D Overview
- Prepare for Global 8D and Establish the Team
- Describe the Problem and Find the Root Cause
- Choose and Implement a Permanent Corrective Action (PCA)
- Complete the Global 8D
With your registration, you will receive four months (from date of purchase) of online access to the 12-hour presentation.
About Ford Online Courses
Ford and SAE International offer convenient and portable online courses on powertrain and problem-solving topics as a way to extend Ford engineering knowledge across the global industry. These internet-delivered short courses feature graphical presentation screens with text-based instruction, a glossary, and references. Case studies, summaries, and checks for knowledge are incorporated throughout each course to reinforce learning and retention and gauge your
- Windows 7, 8 (Apple OSX and Unix/Linux are not supported but may work)
- Pentium 4 PC
- Minimum 512 MB RAM; recommended 1 GB RAM
- Internet Explorer 8-11, Mozilla Firefox 37+, Google Chrome 42+ (Safari and Opera are not supported)
- Flash® Player 13+
- Broadband-1Mbps minimum