Access Period: 3 Months
Duration: 1 Hours
To become a preferred supplier in the automotive industry, organizations must demonstrate high-level engineering and organizational capabilities that will meet customers' needs today and tomorrow. Because the outcome of a product development project may determine whether or not an organization procures a purchase order or contract from a global automotive customer, the Introduction to Advanced Product Quality Planning Fast Track addresses an overview of the best practices / methodologies for planning and managing the successful launch of a new product.
The benefits of a successful new product launch are recognized by both global automotive customers and suppliers. There are thousands of great inspirations and great ideas each year, but the difficult task that so many organizations struggle with is how to take those ideas and develop them into a viable product design, and then manufacture the designed product, and then distribute and sell the product. An understanding of the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process, the management of the process, and the implementation of the process is critical to the product development multi-disciplinary team which includes top management, the project manager, product engineering, process engineering, design and development, manufacturing, quality, and purchasing personnel.
Is this Fast Track for You?
Participants in the Introduction to Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) Fast Track will gain a 'common-sense' perspective for successful new product launches and what needs to be done to comply with automotive customer specific requirements. You will also understand how to apply the concepts of 'front-end' planning (via the APQP process) that will result in continual improvement of products and services for both the customer and the supplying organization. This course is relevant to individuals with limited or general knowledge of the APQP process and some experience with introducing new products or new manufacturing processes.
Click on the Requirements tab to make sure you are properly equipped to interact with this course.
By participating in this Fast Track short course, you will be able to:
- Explain what APQP is, what the purpose of APQP is, and what the goals are of an effective APQP process
- Identify the impacts and benefits that an effective APQP process has on both the customer and the supplier
- Describe how an APQP process is effectively integrated into the supplier's business management system
- Compile a 'Master Plan' for new product introduction and outline the inputs and outputs of the various phases of an effective APQP process
- Summarize the benefits of an effective APQP process and illustrate how APQP leads to continual improvement for both the customer and supplier
- What is APQP?
- What is the purpose of APQP?
- Understanding how APQP integrates into the automotive supply chain
- APQP - A master plan for new product development
- Summary of APQP benefits
Instructor(s): Larry E. Bissell
Larry Bissell is a renowned and well respected international trainer, consultant, and auditor specializing in automotive supply chain management, supplier development, business management systems, business excellence, and continual improvement for all size automotive companies. Mr. Bissell is recognized as an authority on global supply chain requirements and global supplier development, particularly regarding the stringent requirements of automotive OEM's within the United States. His expertise, abilities, and techniques are designed and structured for automotive supplier organizations that wish to participate in the automotive global supply chain market. Mr. Bissell has over 30 years of industrial experience and has been directly involved in over 1000 highly successful management system audits and client consultations within the ISO 9001, QS-9000, and ISO/TS 16949:2002 arenas.
- Three months of online single-user access (from date of purchase) to the 60 minute presentation
- Integrated knowledge checks to reinforce key concepts
- Proof of Participation (Transcript)
About Fast Tracks
SAE "Fast Tracks" are Internet-delivered short courses featuring animated presentation screens synchronized with audio instruction. Knowledge checks are incorporated throughout the course to reinforce learning and retention and gauge your understanding of a topic before you move forward.
- Pentium PC 300 MHZ
- Minimum 128 MB RAM
- Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8, & 9 browser (IE 10 & 11, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Unix/Linus based browsers are not currently supported)
- Adobe Flash Player 8 or above required
- Broadband-128Kbps and above (Minimum: Cable or DSL connection)
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista
- 1024 X 768 Screen Resolution
- Sound Card/Speakers